Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Are you a teacher? Can you give me some advice?

I would like to become a teacher! My question is: is it hard to obtain your bachelor's degree in education? I am going to take my entrance tests for college soon then I will know where to start. I was just wanting some advice, experiences you have had as a teacher and what the career field is like? I would greatly appreciate it.


Thanks and god bless!Are you a teacher? Can you give me some advice?
The difficulty factor in getting an education degree shouldn't scare you. It's challenging, but it's not rocket science.





As for what it is like to be a teacher, there seem to be as many answers as there are teachers. It can be one of the most rewarding careers imaginable and one of the most frustrating. Talk to some of your own teachers or former teachers that you particularly respect and get their feelings about this and advice.





My final bit of advice is to either choose a school that gets you in the classroom early as an intern or volunteer aide. If your chosen school does not do this, find somewhere to volunteer on your own time and find out how the classroom feels to you in a non-student role. I've seen friends go through 3 1/2 years of an education major and then hit reality in their student teaching experience and decide that teaching is not for them. Better to find out (either way) early in the going. It will either motivate you to do well because you know you love it or let you make a change before you get too far down the road.





Good luck!Are you a teacher? Can you give me some advice?
Depending on where and what you want to teach, you don't have to get a BA in education. I have a degree in psychology, and I teach social studies, history, and government. I know others who have random Bachelors degrees and still get away with teaching. You must have a license though, so as long as you have the qualification, you can teach. Its hard work, but easy enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment