Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What's the best advice you have after all that you've been through in life?

Thanks =)What's the best advice you have after all that you've been through in life?
It's really hard to say but a few stick out...........A doctor told me this in reference to my constant guilt about everything, he said that I was not the center of the universe and did not have the power to even do all the things I felt guilty about. He also meant that people were not constantly watching and judging me.....they were busy with their own lives. I couldn't stand him at first, he seemed unnecessarily cruel but he was the best psychiatrist I ever had. He made me realize I was self centered and tried to make everything about me, that I used guilt on my daughters to make them do the things I wanted. He made me realize that no matter how depressed and miserable I was I had no right to commit suicide when I had a family who loved me. It's embarrassing to even write all these faults down but when I accepted that he was right, and if I must say so myself ,I've done a pretty fair job on changing. My daughters helped immensely I asked them to let me know when I was slipping back into the same old habits, when you've done something for so long it just gets kind of automatic. Anyway they did let me know and in such a funny and joking way I had to end up agreeing and laughing. That wonderful doctor died of a brain tumor after I had seen him for about 18 months. I have had two brain surgeries for braianeurysmsms so it hit me doubly hard when he died. If you ever get a doctor like that try to hang in there with him for a little while. When I first started to see mine I was in a three week stay in a mental hospital for attempted suicide and I had no choice but to see him every day. Otherwise I may have stopped seeing him and missed the best opportunity I ever had for real help. Most of the other doctors and therapists talked about my childhood and past and how it affected my life today. That's good to know but once you know it you just have to let it go and start with today. When I attempted suicide, the most selfish and cowardly thing I have ever done, I was so depressed it was too much effort to shower, brush my teeth and get dressed every day. I now I know the warning signs when I'm starting back down that slippery slope again I go right to the psyhcatrist and the therapist, I don't want to ever feel that way again. This may not do you a bit of good but maybe even a little while be something you can identify with. Durning that time is when I started making a list of the things I am grateful for........my husband and daughters, especially my daughteres because I was not a god mother, because of my own problems, until they were much older, my two loving little Yorkies who love me unconditionally, the many life threatening illnesses I have had that I've come though with no side effects, a new day to try again, my sons-in-laws etc. Another thing to be grateful for is all the people who have ever really loved you no matter how things worked out in the end....like my exhusband, relatives, etc. To sum it up it is to take an honest look at myself, acknowledge the things that need to be changed and work on the changes. Journaling helps too, it's one of the ways I know when that deep dark hole of depression is sneaking into my life or I'm starting to identify myself only as a depressed person with anxiety, OCD and panic attacks. I'm much more than that but I have to remind myself constantly.What's the best advice you have after all that you've been through in life?
Always be kind to others, look for ways to help others. This makes two people feel good, the one who is helped and the one who did the helping. Keep your temper, you always lose the game when you lose your temper and it makes you look bad. Learn the skill of discussing rather than arguing. Don't gossip it always comes back to haunt you. Walk away from those whose intentions are bad. Choose friends very carefully,learn who you can trust with your life and those who don't care. always try to look at the good side of things. Keep negativity out of your mind as much as possible.
aim low


be contented with simple things


make friends who look up to you, not the other way around


ditch any addictive habits


dance %26amp; sing %26amp; joke frequently


learn to ignore your parents and their distorted expectations


marry someone who is easy to get along with and who thinks you're great.
Don't get married unless you have a purpose in life.





Save your money and do without the things you want.





Stand up on your own two feet and stop crying about what you don't have because your too sorry to go out and work for it.
don't sweat the small stuff. it is never as good or as bad as it seems.


love deeply even if you get hurt it is the best feeling in the world.
choose your battles


dont sweat the small stuff


happiness is a CHOICE


you can choose to be a victim


living well is the best revenge


love your self


find your passion


the golden rule
If ever in a negative situation, analyse the situation and find the positives, everything happens for a reason..
Maintain relationships with Friends and Families.
Choose your battles...pick your battles - sometimes you have to let the little stuff go.
Don't worry, Be happy. Life is too short to be anything but happy!
Do not be so quick to judge.


Do not burn bridges. You just never know.
Just relax. Don't be so serious.
.......mind your own business, live %26amp; let live............
  • pores
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment