Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What advice do you have for a rather spoiled young lady as she enters a new phase of her life?

I am 16 and my daddy, against my will, is sending me to a boarding school that he hopes will ';adjust my attitude';. For instance, they have uniforms, ROTC and no boys!.





I will even be having a roommate. I have never even shared a room before except with my older sister when I was really little. How can a rather spoiled young lady, such as myself, acclimate to having a roommate? suppose she is not spoiled? suppose she is a thug? suppose she is a junkie? suppose she is a lesbian? How do come up with rules and stuff if we disagree about something? with my older brother and older sister I just cry and SCREAM to get my way (well some of the time), but these will be total strangers.





Thank you and good day,What advice do you have for a rather spoiled young lady as she enters a new phase of her life?
Ok, Lori, here's my advice from what I know about dorms:





~Bring stuff like a folding hamper and transportable shower caddy. That way, you can hide your stuff and store it in compact spaces.


~Buy a small safe for really valuable stuf so your roomate can't get her paws near it.


~Don't be the boss. Set rules together. And don't claim all the biggest and best stuff. Split things equally (well, as equally as possible!)


~More than likely, your roommate will not be spoiled. So, you have to accept that. ';Lindsay, I am spoiled. I hope to make it so that my spoiledness doesn't interfere with you.'; And don't throw an extreme number of temper tantrums because you will get in trouble.


~If she is a thug, be careful. You need real proof. And if you find a lead, report it to your Headmaster or person in charge of that. But do it ANONYMOUSLY! Trust me, you can't identify yourself.


~If she is a junkie, you also have to report her, but try to get good evidence, like people frequenting your room with large amounts of cash and leaving with bags, her being half out of it whenever, and other obvious signs. You know what to do.


~Lesbian. Hmm. Tight one. I guess you just have to know for certain, and then explain in a polite way. ';Lindsay, I understand that we have different sexual orientations. But let's not involve that in our friendship. You have yours and I have mine. So let's leave it at that. Ok?';


~Basically, just treat your roommate like you want her to treat you.





And most likely, honestly, you'll probably get some really nice girl who you'll get along with really well.





And sorry for naming her Lindsay, just making an example.





7 days. Aah! I've been counting down on my facebook the number of days (literally, my status is ';counting down to my trip (2 days) and till Lori leaves (7)';) and everyone wants to know who you are! I'm going to miss you, so we'll email and you'll give me your facebook name.





Good luck! I'm bringing my phone and computer with me, so I'll check for your question of the day every day!





Please do email.





In case this is it for us on here, goodbye Lori. Thank you and many good days.





Oh, and PS: I was reading the answers to Em's question about being bored. when I hit yours, I saw you say something about the girl who looked just like me, and how you thought it was me and all. So I started looking. That was FREAKY! She looked so much like me!! But we obviously have nothing in common because I'm not going to tell someone to do that.





Talk to you soon! Let me know if you need my email address again!





//\\//\\//\\//What advice do you have for a rather spoiled young lady as she enters a new phase of her life?
You will learn to deal with the real problems of life instead of having someone do it for you. I guarantee you that you will gain some self respect and even make some good friends. Quit worrying so much about your roommate, most people are pretty normal. Well, except for you.
Sometimes having a roommate can be a good thing. It teaches you how to interact and make friends. You can also learn some new tricks for getting your way with daddy. Sounds like the old tricks aren't working anymore. Good luck!
Lori, change and adaptation to those changes, is all part of growing up.Having a roommate is certainly going to be a challenge.Be prepared to share a space with a stranger who may or may not be of your liking.Be prepared to make compromises in order for this to work out.I'm sure there will be rules for students to follow while in residency.so some choices will be made for you.If you work at it, you may find your roommate will become a friend for life.Keep in mind it is the small things that irritate in a relationship (whether it is friends, acquaintances or couples).Keep bathroom spaces clean, do not use someone else's property without permission and don't play your country music too loud when your roommate is studying. (just kidding about the country musicLori I don't know what music you like.It basically comes down to respecting your roommates space and property and being willing to compromise.As for rules that will all get sorted out when you meet your roommate.Some things you will learn through trial and error.PLEASE try not let the visual of your roommate destroy a potential friendship before you even say hello.Lori , you've got a slight case of the jitters but I think you will be fine.It is just facing the unknown.You have nothing to fear but fear itself.Take care.
It looks like you've got some changes coming your way . I doubt that it will be as bad as you have visualized in your mind, and hopefully you will take the opportunity to learn that every person no matter what their age , needs to learn to get along with people and no body no matter who they are is any better then the next person. At your age I suspect that you won't be there to long. So, put on your lady manners and try to look at all the other girls , in the same boat as you are, as potential friends. Good luck!
Time to grow up and get unspoiled :)





You won't know what the roommate will be like until you get there. Best to make friends or live in hell for a long time if you don't.
You better get unspoiled in a hurry. You family might give you your way to shut you up but stranges don't have to.
It will be good for you to learn a new experience. Your father is taking a great step to prepare you with a great education that many of us will never have. Try to open your mind more and think about taking your focus off someone besides yourself. The situation will only be as bad as you make it.
Think of life as one long learning experience. We're here to meet new people, find out about them, etcetera. Whatever happens, you'll learn from it, right?





Don't worry, you'll be fine and we'll always be here for you.
Time to come to terms with reality...and if you want to be spoiled, you work for everything you have. You must need something else readjusted because having a rotten attitude can be fixed by working, taking away your freedoms, and your parents just giving you the cold shoulder. Boarding school doesn't always help, an individual can come out ten times worse.





...Erm? If you ever want to go away to college, you should get used to the idea of a roommate. Never know, could be the best years of your life.
lol tell the person in chagre that u have a very bad disease and connnot sleep wit anyone unless they want the whole skool to be closed down...
Well for starters get over yourself and stop being a self acclaimed spoiled brat - it's not cute. In the real world crying and screaming will most likely get you nowhere so just try being reasonable with this new roommate. Don't go into it thinking things will be a disaster - she may surprise you and become a great friend, or someone you can learn from - even if she is different. Be open. If you want to set some initial ground rules, talk to her when you move in together about the basics, but don't get all bossy-pants on her, it'll be her room too. Just try to enjoy the experience for what it is. Good luck.
just grow up because most people dont like people who are spoiled and your not at home any more you might say something that would fly at home but might get you punched in the face now so I would say dont worry about other people just mind your own business and adjust to your enviorment respect people the way you want to be respected unless your the fighting type and dont mind getting down
  • pores
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment