Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What is the best advice you've ever gotten?

How did this help you life and how have you used it.


just trying to get different perspectives for my sociology class.


thanks!What is the best advice you've ever gotten?
The best advice I have ever gotten was actually on a poster in school. It read '; 90% of what a person worries about does not even happen';. This helped me not to worry so much.What is the best advice you've ever gotten?
When I decided to start dating again after recovering from the grief of my husband's death, I tried checking out some internet dating sites, but was having NO luck..





I had given my daughter a set of fancy tarot cards she wanted for her birthday, and she offered to do me a reading. She said there WAS a strong potential for another love interest in my life, but I would have to change some attitudes and overcome some prejudices before it could happen.


I thought about it for a while, and eventually forgot it completely. Then, THREE YEARS LATER, I met a guy on a website that seemed really nice, but he was uneducated and almost illiterate.


My daugher said that I should look past his lack of formal education, take him more seriously and give it a chance because she thought he was the guy she had forseen in the tarot reading three years before.





So I took her advice. I travelled 200 miles to meet him in person and spend a week with him. I have NEVER been gladder of ANYTHING in my life! He turned out to be the most remarkable person I have ever met!


We have been living together for almost 4 years, now, and would be married if it weren't for insurance and economic problems that would make our marriage impractical. We are totally in love and we both know we are a permanent pair - official marriage or not!





If I had NOT taken her advice, I would have missed out on knowing the most wonderful person that has ever touched my life!
Mine would have to be ';whenever you think times are realy tough, you should always aknowledge that someone else has it ten times worse than you do'; Like when a child complains about whats for dinner,, I always tell them to imagine the kids that dont have dinner this week. I also go by this myself,, Ive had it good and ive had it bad so thats when we learn to appreciate. :)
A colleague (and friend) once got very angry with me for no apparent reason, and I became disproportionately upset about it.





I discussed the problem with a mutual friend who had known him for much longer than I had, and was told ';.. don't adopt other people's problems';





so, I let it pass... and it passed.





I now think about this whenever I start to feel distressed about another person's behavior.
When we got married one of our supervisors in the military said ';live as close to one paycheck as possible.'; That turned out to be great advice as my world has been knocked out from under me many times.
Don't work at wal-mart for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment