Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Need advice asap so please could you help?

I went for a job interview last week and when i went they said i should apply for the position higher so i said that i would love to and that they were going to close the date for applicants early this week. The problem i have i have been offered another job but i really want the other job but they have not let me know either way. Should i ring them up and ask if they have made a decesion either way and explain i have why i want to know or do i wait to hear from them? is it rude to ring them up and ask?Need advice asap so please could you help?
If I were you, i'd definitly give them a call!





I'd start off the conversation as follows, %26amp; have chosed 2 scenarios on the bottom as an end:::





';Hello this is so n so, and the reason for my call is to follow up with you regarding the interview we had last week and to inquire if you had made your decision yet.... If she hasn't decided yet.... I would make a point to say.... ';Alright, again I just wanted to follow up, and remind you once again that I'm extremely interested in this position.





At this point you'll need an ending... I gave you 2 scenarios, as follows::::





Scenario 1:





';I do want to let you know that due to the economy I have applied to other companies as well, but I want to make it very clear that this is my first choice. When you do make your final decision, could you please give me a call either way, I'd really appreciate it....(at this point he/she should say, we will be making our decision by ex. friday) ok then, it was a pleasure speaking with you, have a nice day.





OR





Scenario 2:





';I want to let you know that working for this company is my first very choice, %26amp; I think I would be a great asset to your company %26amp; i'd ask that when you do make your final decision, if you'd please inform me either way, I'd really appreciate it....(at this point he/she should say, we will be making our decision by ex. friday) ok ';so n so'; it was a pleasure speaking with you, %26amp; have a nice day.';





If I were you, I'd go w/ # 2, as they might think you're not that interested.... Hope this helps = )Need advice asap so please could you help?
not sure why you are in the 'trying to conceive' section but hey-ho :-)





I would ring them up and just ask them straight. It may even help to say that you have been offered another job.


If you explain that you don't want to accept the other job if there's a chance they are going to hire you for this position then it will show just how much you really want to work for them. It will also show that you are in demand and they will have to be quick because you are about to be snapped up.





I am job hunting as well so I wish you the best of luck.x
It was recommended in an article on yahoo yesterday that you wait a week before calling to inquire about a position you have interviewed for. But each place and employer have individual feelings on calling to check so its a do at your own risk type of thing. They usually don't leave people in the lurch once they have made up their minds and you should know soon after they decide.
not necessarily as it makes you look eager which gives you a better chance, but you could always apply for the new one and turn down the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment