Saturday, July 31, 2010

Christians can you give me some advice?

I am so tired of my sister. She starts arguments with me. calls me names and everything. what should I do? should I just laugh it off or walk away?Christians can you give me some advice?
That's what sisters do, but deep down inside we still love them.


How old are you? if you're young and living with her you'll find that when you grow up and move out your relationship will be much better.Christians can you give me some advice?
I can give you all kinds of advice from an older person's point of view- and it is not easy to actually DO it, when one is young.





I DO remember what it was like as a teenager- fighting with my older sister. I had to share a tiny bedroom with her and we were such opposites in High School. She was very neat and clean-I was total lazy slob.





She didn't like my music- she was very good in school- I was the goof-off. We fought like cats and dogs.





Being young- I had no wisdom, I was very rude myself, and didn't want to give in to any sort of compromise.





Looking back- I could have made an effort- she would have responded. After we ';grew up'; we were very loving sisters and friends, but teen years can be rough.





You CAN try sitting down with her one day and saying- ';you know I just hate these fights- I think sisters should be friends and allies against the rest of the world- what can we do to change this friction??





You have to be willing to let her vent if she starts doing so. Maybe she is just mean... maybe she has some legitimate beefs.





Best to try. Sisters can be THE best friends you have, it is worth trying.





ONE of the things that helped our sisterly relationship was the fact that I did move out of our bedroom! LOL I took my stuff down to our then unfinished basement- I thought that was better than sharing a room. And it was. I didn't care if I lived with the spiders it was better to have my own space whereever it may have been.
Turn the other cheek?
Two monks were washing their bowls in the river when they noticed a scorpion that was drowning. One monk immediately scooped it up and set it upon the bank. In the process he was stung. He went back to washing his bowl and again the scorpion fell in. The monk saved the scorpion and was again stung. The other monk asked him, ';Friend, why do you continue to save the scorpion when you know it's nature is to sting?';


';Because,'; the monk replied, ';to save it is my nature.';
I don't know how old you two are so it is hard to say if she will respond maturely or not. If she is always fighting and arguing there is a reason for it. Either you are irritating her or she is being unreasonable. You need to determine which of these factors is in play then address it. TALK with her. Clear lines of communication can not be beat for solving problems. Once you two speak honestly and openly you can figure out a way to address the issue with love and respect.





If I were in your shoes (and I have been) I would pray hard and ask for guidance in finding and using the mildness of the Spirit, Love, and kind words that will help to figure out the problem and solve it. You might be surprised how praying can help open up communication.





Blessings
Just try to ignore it or tell her how you feel. As long as you forgive her, then you will be fine in God's Eyes. God Bless!!
Walk away. If she knows you will always respond she will keep doing it. If someone never rises to the bait then it just gets boring. Pretend you don't hear.





I do hope it works. x
She's trying to provoke you to anger so laugh it off and ignore her because she does it for attention.





God bless.
Walk away it states in the bible not to tolerate people like that. You dont have to listen to the name callings and still love her once she gets rid of her tantrums
no you should kick her right in the rectum
ask her directly if you are doing something that bothers her. then ask her why she wants to start a fight. A gentle answer turns away anger; so when you deal with her dont come off as self righteous. ask her if she wants to talk it over with your parents; tell her you dont want to live like this and give her some options; like be nice or leave me alone...if she doesnt stop bring it up with your folks butr try to work it out with her first. ask her what you can do that would make things better.. good luck..some rivalry is normal with siblings I hope it works out.
Just love her, be kind, go out of your way.





If nothing else, she will be so confused, she'll panic.
Walk away and ignore her remarks.





Jesus forgave those that hung him on the cross...he asked God the Father to forgive them
make jokes about her

No comments:

Post a Comment