Thursday, July 29, 2010

What one piece of advice were you given when you first became a parent? Who gave the advice?

I was told that I should not allow children to name the animals or pets or we would end up with something like a bunny named Apple (yes we did).What one piece of advice were you given when you first became a parent? Who gave the advice?
i was told to enjoy every moment with them because you'll never get that time back. also when they are screaming at nite and won't sleep, i was told to just keep reminding myself ';this wont' last forever'; it really helps.What one piece of advice were you given when you first became a parent? Who gave the advice?
My favorite was strangers in a store trying to touch my baby telling me I shouldn't let strangers touch my baby- HELLO! Who do you think you are Lady???? a stranger....fingers off.
A friend told me ';Don't listen to anyone but your Mother';. I thought that was good advice, since new moms are constantly bombarded with information and advice these days.
MY MOTHER IN LAW SAID NOT TO SLEEP WITH MY BABY..OR BREAST FEED THEM!





I PROVED HER WRONG TWICE! I SNUGGLED WITH MY BABIES AND BREASTFED THEM.
My mom told me to sleep when the baby sleeps, best advice she ever gave!
I have a fish named Boob once. He had really big buggy eyes. I think my kids would come up with really original names. I want a bunny named Apple. Anyways.





First piece of advice was to not worry about green poop. My best friend gave me this advice. She has two boys, and they both had green poop alot.
my dad said ok hunny from this day on it will b up too u to protect that child in all ways mostly as a infant its defenseless so its now all up too u extremely good words to live by bless him sandy
If want them to grow up too fast, they will regardless.
The advice that I remember most was this...';One day (and it's hard to imagine when your babies are newborn) this little one will grow up and move away from you. She'll have her own life and you'll have yours. Always keep a sense of who you are outside of being the loving mom of this precious baby.'; Advice given to me by my grandma - mom of 6 kids and very active in the community, church, schools, and her kids' lives.





';The best thing a dad can do for his kids is to love their mom. The best thing a mom can do for her kids is to love their dad.'; Based on words by Dr. James Dobson.
My mom told me to hold my baby as much as I wanted, which I still do. :)





Another bit of advice I read after she was born was that ';It's not the parents' job to keep the baby from crying.'; My daughter had colic and I felt so helpless. This advice really helped because I knew my baby's needs were met, she just had to cry sometimes.
To learn to sleep when the baby sleeps(from my sisters and friends).And to tell them how much you love them and that they are beautiful as often as possible(same people).
Don't get wrapped up in what all the books tell you sometimes you just need to go with what your gut tells you.





Don't feel guilty about taking some ';you'; time
I don't remember any advise actually. That's pretty harmless, but funny advice you got.
I was told to lead with the heart it would never fail. It was the best from my mom
The best advise is ';Sleep when the baby sleeps';. I realize its hard to not ';do chores'; when they are asleep. You feel so much better if you do this. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment