Saturday, July 31, 2010

Safe in Shanghai for westerners? Any advice you could give?

I should be traveling to Shanghai with my dad this year and I want to know how safe it is for westerners. Is it violent? expensive etc?


And if you could give the same information about Tokyo as I might be going there too, and compare it with Shanhai, it would be much appreciated. ThanksSafe in Shanghai for westerners? Any advice you could give?
I have never been to tokyo, but I have been to shanghai and spent time there on my own. I stayed at the eaton hotel, which was just across the road from a subway station, which I used to get around. I always felt safe, the chinese are very respectful to women, although they do stare a lot, they don't touch. I used the high speed magnetic train to get to and from the airport, then the subway. I walked around on my own and had no problems at all. You will get approached by people trying to sell you fake goods, if you aren't interested a firm NO and keep moving will do the trick. I had a great time, and felt very safe.Safe in Shanghai for westerners? Any advice you could give?
it is an extremely safe place. however dont be rude to the locals. as she said, be persistent on saying no. dont ever look too interested in any item.

No comments:

Post a Comment