Thursday, July 29, 2010

Do you think that people take our advice?

When people ask questions about breeding their dogs.......





do you think they take our advice when we tell them they shouldn't?





Or, do you think they breed them anyway?





Overall, when we answer questions for people, are we educating them? Or is it a waste of our time?





What do you think?Do you think that people take our advice?
Ugh. I think for the most part, it is a waste of finger-power. How many times have you seen people get up-in-arms when you bring up the ';s'; word?





And lets face it - if they're hear asking breeding questions, these aren't the sort of people who are going to invest in an educated answer, or an educated solution.





Had someone bring in a white (extremely agressive) intact pitty the other day - asked him if he was planning on spaying, to which he says, ';hellll no! I'm gunna get $2000 for white puppies! Who doesn't want a white puppy?'; I explained that, because his dog was white, didn't necessarily mean the puppies would be... (in my head, I'm screaming dear god get this dog and this idiot away from me, and good luck on your $2k per pup). He then starts ranting about how I cursed him.Do you think that people take our advice?
I doubt it seeing as they usually get attacked by several answerers. This would just put their back up and achieve nothing. I think it is better to try to educate by giving the facts - health risks for both the sire and dam, the need for genetic health testing to prevent diseases in the pups, the cost of breeding, the difficulty in finding a good forever home for all the pups and the fact that there is an existing over-population of dogs with not enough good forever homes for them all.





If these facts don't dissuade them then nothing will, especially abuse and nastiness.
I think they've already made up their minds and they do it anyway. I do believe we help people and they probably take away a few tips on how to potty train or crate train, at best they click on the links and follow the directions there. I know that if people have attached links in questions I've answered I'll go to them and I at least learn something, I've learned so much about dog food I could write a book, I've even educated friends at the Dog Park on what food they should be feeding and what the ingredients are of the foods they are currently feeding, so far I've gotten two people to switch brands to higher quality.





Even if we are wasting our time answering I'm learning something.
I have come to the conclusion that you cant fix stupid!





Nor can you tell someone that they are wrong when they feel they are right.





All i can do is hope that what I post will be considered and maybe thought about. If they actually listen then great but if they don't well then I only hope they get the dam good vet care and take very good care of the pups and find them very good homes!
Honestly, people are going to do what they want to do. Most people aren't going to take Y/A seriously. Oh and another thing that I see on here, is the many, many rude responses from people. Those responders are going to make the posters do the opposite of what is recommended. There is a such word as ';TACT';. Maybe some should look that up in the dictionary.
Probably they do not. They are not asking to really get good advice, they just want a few people to tell them what they are doing is OK. Once they have that, they are fine.





So, it is a waste of time, but it feels good to unleash on then once and a while!!!!
I would say about 99.9 percent of the people take the advice to heart.


The others....well....doubtful.





EDIT:





LOL, I meant that the other way around....99.9 percent of the people DO NOT take the advice......


Oops...Sorry :-)
Judging from the horrid amount of animal overpopulation...





I say they breed anyways...





Too many people just trying to make a buck and not knowing how to do it.
No one is going to listen to smart remarks from sarcastic people.
I think they breed them anyways.





My hope is that lurkers who are reading will be educated.
You cant change an idiots mind, sadly

No comments:

Post a Comment