Thursday, July 29, 2010

My baby's lying back2back, any info/advice on this you can share?

39 weeks yeserday, wasn't my normal midwife i seen so she didn't go into much detail but mentioned to me that my baby is lying back2back. Is this common? It is my first baby. any info/advice would be appreciated. cheersMy baby's lying back2back, any info/advice on this you can share?
This happened with my first born too.


It wasn't discovered until I had gone into labour, your baby could still turn.


I will admit it was very painful to begin with as baby's spine is rubbing against yours, but after some pain relief I was fine and she was born quite quickly (3 1/2hrs labour).


If you see a midwife again before the birth discuss it with them, but don't panic about it, you will be ok and so will baby.My baby's lying back2back, any info/advice on this you can share?
It's very common and most babies turn before labour starts.





Sitting up straight and spending time in an all-fours position each day can help your baby to turn. If this doesn't work, and your baby is back-to-back when labour starts, it's important to stay upright and mobile to help the baby turn. Most back-to-back babies will still turn, and you will be able to deliver normally.





My 1st was born back to back, my other two didn't. Good luck with the birth!
My first was born like this, face to pubes they call it. Imagine you are lying on your back, the baby should come out face down ie looking at the bed but face to pubes mean they come out facing upwards.





I ended up with a c/section after 36 hours. I got to pushing stage but he wouldn't come out so they whipped me in for the section. His little head was a bit squashed but he soon recovered.





Hopefully your baby will turn around the right way.
Not uncommon, especially if you are spending time in a reclined position (the effects of gravity). Remember baby will still move until the point of delivery.





Downside is that if baby is in this position during labour it is more difficult / painful as the angles aren't optimum. It is possible to encourage movement by going on all fours and rotating your hips!
My baby was inside me his back to my back when I went into labour(midwives called it face to pubes) basically it usually means a long slow labour,(mine was 18 hours,)because it can take ages for them to turn so don't rush to hospital,if you are in hospital they will be wanting to interfere if you are in labour a long time.so keep active , walk about, rest on all fours,use a birthing ball to support you the worse thing to do is lay on your back,many midwives keep you in bed to monitor you but its not necessary to be monitored all the time and it just makes labour slower.
HI. this is not too uncommon and the only issue it may cause during late pregnancy and labour is back pain for yourself. In some cases labour can be slow and long.


Usually, we advise women to lean forwards ie over a bean bag, back of sofa, kitchen units etc for 10 mins every now and then to encourage the baby to turn round. do this once/twice a day ish


However dont worry too much about it.


lots of babies are delivered from this position.
I had a back to back labour and yes it was very painful also i found that most of the pain from my contractions where in my back rather than my tummy! it dosen't always mean that it will be a long labour mine was only 5 hours and she was my first! good luck
there is still time for the baby to turn.my second baby was born like this it made the labour longer and i had back pain all through the labour.it is quite normal though so dont worry.
it is normal, it just means your babies back is facing your back..as long as the bubs head is down then you are fine...they usually turn the baby as its coming out anyways...


good luck and best wishes..
i was told at 36 weeks my baby was back to back, and i gave birth to my beautiful girl, he had turned on her own!





but i've also read that spending time on all fours does help
I don't know how this could be any problem.


I have never heard of that anyway.


Should have questioned her about it.
my baby was lying like this my midwife said sleep on your left side and th baby will move round worked for me good luck x x x
my first was like that his back on mine and i had all back labor

No comments:

Post a Comment